Propietarios De Pequeñas Empresas



[To be translated]

Get answers to your health care coverage questions.

Can any small business use Access Health CT Small Business?

Access Health CT Small Business is open to all Connecticut based small businesses that have at least 2 full-time employees. The business cannot have more than 50 full-time employees.

When can I enroll in Access Health CT Small Business?

The first of every month starting January 1, 2014.

What information do I need to provide in the enrollment process?

When you apply for coverage, you’ll need to provide some information about yourself and each of your eligible employees. Save time by gathering this information beforehand. You will need birthdates, social security numbers, citizenship or immigration status, and tax documents.

How do I find a plan, apply, and enroll through Access Health CT Small Business?

There are several ways to enroll. You can apply online or meet with a broker face-to-face. You can get help from insurance brokers or by contacting our Member Services Department. All enrollment help is free of charge. If you’re an insurance broker interested in working with Access Health CT Small Business, please e-mail us at

How do subsidies work for small businesses?

Small businesses that qualify may benefit from subsidies in the form of a tax credit. To qualify, a small business must contribute at least 50% of each employee’s insurance premium, pay an average annual wage of less than $50,000, and have fewer than 25 full-time-equivalent (FTE) employees. Consult your tax professional for specific information regarding the tax credit.

Can I decide how much to pay?

Employers are not required to contribute but can decide a fixed amount to contribute to your employees’ health insurance so your costs always remain constant. Make just one monthly payment. Even if your employees choose plans from multiple companies, you get only one simple bill. We take care of paying the carriers, so you can focus on business.

Can husband and wife only businesses be considered eligible?

If both owners are husband and wife, under the ACA, your business no longer qualifies for small group insurance and would have to enroll in the individual exchange as a Sole Proprietor. If you had a common law employee, your business would qualify.

Will I save money if I don’t use a broker?

No, our team of licensed professionals work through brokers. If you do not have a broker, please contact us and we can give you a list of brokers in your area.